text size:
Websites with inappropriate content
Apr 20, 2005 19:28 ETBack | Print Article
Recently, someone has been using both my first and last name to make disgusting entries on website chat forums. These entries are making disgusting suggestions with regards to young children. I do have the ofending person's IP address which I obtained from one of the website administrators. Do I have any recourse for this? Your help is appreciated.

While the entries may have been offensive, unfortunately with the information provided, it is difficult to determine if a criminal offence has occured. DRP's advice would be to collect all relevant data and attend a local police station and report the findings. The officer taking the report would make a determination as to the next course of action.