||Requests for a Motor Vehicle Collision Report can be made without an appointment at the front desk of each community office or the Regional Headquarters building. Acceptable forms of payment are: cash (exact change only), Visa, Mastercard, Debit, certified cheque, money order or bank draft. Photo ID must be produced. All requests with the exception of the Driver Copy will be mailed upon processing.
Driver Copy – Free of Charge – Available to Drivers involved in a Motor Vehicle Collision
*These are processed while you wait
-names, and identifiers of all drivers
-vehicle ownership information of all drivers
-insurance information of all drivers
There are Two Levels of Service that are available to the following:
1. The person or company directly involved in the collision
2. The law firm whose client is directly involved in the collision
3. The insurance company whose insured is directly involved in the collision
Level 1 - $35 (includes GST)
-Face of report
-Involved drivers, owners and insurance information
-officer’s brief synopsis of what occurred
-information pertaining to any charges laid
Level 2 - $60 (includes GST)
Includes everything in a Level 1 plus:
-officer/driver/witness statements (if available) with personal identifiers removed
**Level 2 service is not available if there are charges before the court or if the collision is a fatality or a fail to remain
If charges are before the courts and a Level 2 Service is requested, a Level 1 Service will be forwarded and the $60.00 administration fee submitted will not be refunded.
• Any subsequent requests for a Level 2 Service search will be subject to the full $60.00 search fee.
• Provincial offences normally take four to six months for the charge to clear the court system. Criminal charges normally take six to nine months to clear.
• All information other than the face of the Motor Vehicle Accident Report relating to a fatal motor vehicle collision must be requested pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
See Access to Information Requests for more details.
For community police office locations and hours of operations, click here