Preventing crime and maintaining safe communities is everyone's responsibility. By practising the following personal and property safety tips, you can help reduce the incidents of crime and keep your community safe.
What Parents Should Do
- Take your children for a walk in your neighbourhood and show them the danger areas and safe places. Identify Block Parent homes.
- Accompany your children on Halloween, paper route and fundraising sales.
- Know your children’s playmates and where they live.
- Don’t leave children under 12 years of age alone at home.
- Accompany your child to public restrooms.
- Communicate with your child’s teacher and let the school know when your child is absent.
- Let the school know to whom your child may be released and give them an up-to-date list of contact numbers.
- Know what your child is wearing each day.
- Never leave your child alone in the car and never leave your keys in the car.
- Don’t hide house keys under mats, in flower pots, etc.
- Contact police anytime you see something or someone suspicious. Note vehicle licence plate, description of vehicle and description of occupant(s).
You can video our "Internet Safety Video" HERE
You can view our "ATV Safety Video" HERE
You can view our "Protect Yourself From Door-to-Door Scams Video" HERE
You can view our "How To Spot A Marihuana Grow Op Video" HERE