text size:



  Two Students Consume Cannabis Snacks

Dec 06, 2018 14:49 ET

Officers in Oshawa are trying to educate parents, caregivers and children after two students were transported to local hospital after consuming snacks containing Cannabis.

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, two students were taken to local hospital by ambulance after consuming home-baked cookies laced with Cannabis. One of the students snuck several cookies into school and had ingested them with a friend. Both senior students from Hillsdale Public School became ill and were transported to a local hospital where they remained overnight for observation.

Investigation revealed that one parent with a medical cannabis license had made the cookies for his personal consumption. Some of the batch had been taken from the home without consent. As part of this investigation, the Children's Aid Society will be contacted to conduct a review.

Officers have also taken the time to educate students, parents, caregivers and teachers about the dangers and risks of consuming psychoactive chemicals at such an early age.

Anyone with new information about this investigation is asked to contact Central East Division at 1-888-579-1520.

Anonymous tips can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or on the website at and tipsters are eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.