DRP would like to remind parents of these important safety tips while their children are off for spring break.
* If left home alone, ensure your children know who to contact in case of an emergency. Always leave a number that you can be reached at
* Children left at home alone should never answer the door or telephone
* Look into local community activities your kids can participate in. Many community centres have added programs and babysitting services to help through March Break
* Make sure you complete reference checks on any potential babysitters you may use over the holidays. Find out their level of experience and any training courses they may have taken
* Go over Internet safety tips with your kids as they may be online more often during the week. Keep the computer in the family room and make sure they don't give out any personal information
* Work with family and friends to help organize day trips and activities
Help us ensure our youngsters have a safe and enjoyable break.
Uzi Style Air Gun (JPG file, 27.8K bytes)