Now that the cold weather is upon us, DRP would like to remind the community to take extra care during the winter season.
The winter months can be the most dangerous time to drive a motor vehicle. With snow, ice and slush on the roads, it’s important to be extra cautious and to be prepared for emergencies. Here are a few tips to keep you safe on the roads:
▪ Give yourself extra time to reach your destination to avoid speeding and stress
▪ Always wear a seatbelt, regardless of the time of year
▪ Check local weather and road conditions before leaving for your destination
▪ Bring a cell phone and emergency kit with you in case of a break-down
▪ Stick to the speed limit, or go slower depending on conditions of the road
▪ Regularly check blind spots
▪ Be aware of snow plows, salt trucks and emergency vehicles on the roads
For additional information, please watch our Winter Driving Safety video.
driving thumb (JPG file, 29.8K bytes)