The DRPS is now accepting resumes for the 2012 After School Youth in Policing student positions!
This program is in collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services; DRP will engage the students in positive productive activities in a safe and healthy environment. All applicants must be between the ages of 15 & 18 years old to be considered. This is a paid student position, running for 14 weeks, nine hours/week, Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning Nov. 1, 2012 through to Feb. 11, 2013.
The goal of the program is to inspire young people to look at the many different aspects of policing as a career choice and to empower students to become ambassadors for the Durham Regional Police Service. As ambassadors, the students will work to improve police and community relations. Successful students will be working closely with members of the police service learning leadership, team building and communication skills.
To qualify for the Youth in Policing program, students must submit an application package that includes the following items:
• Copy of Birth Certificate and One Piece of Identification
• 2012 Student Application Form
• Authorization to Collect Personal Information Form
• 2012 Youth In Policing Student Questionnaire
How to Apply
To be considered for the Youth in Policing 2012 student position, each applicant must:
* Print and complete the “Youth in Policing Application Package”
* Authorization to Collect Personal Information
* Completed application packages are to be submitted to the 3rd floor at the Region of Durham Headquarters building at 605 Rossland Rd. E, Whitby, L1N 0B8 by mail, hand delivery, or by scanning and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The envelope containing your completed application package must draw attention to the Youth In Policing Committee.
As part of the selection for this position, all applicants will be assessed through a resume review and may move forward to the interview panel. Please note: incomplete/late applications will NOT be accepted.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Friday Oct.19, 2012. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
The Durham Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank applicants for their interest; all individuals will be notified of their application status by Wed. Oct. 24, 2012.
yip thumb (JPG file, 22.6K bytes)
Find us on Facebook by scanning our code (JPG file, 71.7K bytes)