DRPS is now accepting applications for the 2014 After School Youth in Policing Initiative!
This program is in collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services; DRPS will engage students in positive, productive activities in a safe and healthy environment. This is a paid student position, running for 14 weeks, nine hours/week, Wednesdays and Saturdays, beginning November 26, 2014 through to March 14, 2015.
The goal of the program is to inspire young people to look at the many different aspects of policing and to empower students to become ambassadors for the Durham Regional Police Service and their community. As ambassadors, the students will work to improve police and community relations. Successful students will be working closely with members of the police service learning leadership, team building and communication skills.
How to Apply
• Complete the Youth In Policing Student Application by clicking on the correct link for the position you are interested in: Team Leader or Student:
• Once the application is complete save your document as one pdf file. Save the file as your name (example: Katy Perry.pdf)
• Apply online by visiting our Recruiting section of the website.
• To submit your application check the box next to job ID for the position you are applying for: 6174 Youth in Policing – Team Leader or 6173 Youth In Policing -Student. Click - Apply Now - Create a User Name and Password. Click - Register Now
• Select `Upload a new resume.’ Click Continue
• Browse and upload your application package (example: Katy Perry.pdf)
• Complete `My Profile' page, review and modify as needed. Click Save
• Complete Application Questionnaire. Click Submit Now
• Application process is now complete > log out
Please note: incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4 p.m.
Phone: (905) 579-1520 Ext: 4386
The Youth In Policing After School Initiative runs Wednesdays 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Durham College, 2000 Simcoe St N. Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4.
*In order to apply for a Team Leader position you MUST be a graduate of a previous Youth In Policing Initiative with the Durham Regional Police Service.*
The Durham Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer.
yip logo (JPG file, 34.8K bytes)