text size:

Hot Topics


  Certificates of Life

Apr 04, 2018 13:43 ET

Residents of Durham Region receiving pension benefits from a foreign country that require a Certificate of Life signed by a police officer may attend at any of the five Regional Police Divisions to have the document processed.

Residents, at the time of their attendance, must present two forms of recognized identification one of which must be photo ID, such as a Driver's Licence, Passport, etc .

Once the police officer is satisfied the individual listed on the Certificate of Life is the same party presenting themselves, the officer will sign the documentation.

Residents are cautioned that in Canada it is a Criminal Offence to impersonate someone else.